November 14, 2012

Advertising With A Cause...

Step aside Brad Pitt and your crappy Chanel ad campaign. Here's a piece of advertising I'd like to see plastered everywhere!!

A colleague of mine brought this campaign to my attention today and I felt compelled to share it. It's spearheaded by the Dutch charity organization Cordaid and is titled Mensen in Nood (people in need).

These ads highlight the contrast between the luxury items we seem to so freely purchase, versus the basic necessities in life that we often take for granted.
A purse versus food.
A pint of beer versus water.

It definitely made me stop and think and if I'm being honest, it shocked me a little.

This is the truth of consumerism in its most basic form.
A point of reference we should always keep in the back of our minds whenever we ask ourselves "do I really need that...?"

Powerful.




No comments:

Post a Comment