January 21, 2013

Golden Globes 2013...

Apologies for the delay-it's been a crazy week.

In brief, here are my thoughts on the red carpet looks and the celebs we love and love to hate...

MY TOP 5:
Kate Hudson- Why? So simple. So sexy and the perfect amount of shimma-shimma.

Kate Hudson in Alexander McQueen - 2013 Golden Globe Awards

Jessica Alba- Why? Because everything about this look was stunning. The colour looks fabulous on her, the hair is glamorous and the diamonds sits perfectly against the sweetheart neckline.


Naomi Watts- Why? This look is complete, from head to toe. The colour is beautiful on her porcelain skin, her hair is chic and  the earrings are just right. Stunning.


Lea Michelle- Why? As much as it pains me to say this because I usually can't stand her, I love this dress! It's perfect for a petite frame and paired with a sunkissed tan, its divine.


Jennifer Lawrence- Why? This dress is classic while still remaining fun enough for a young Hollywood starlet. Red dresses on a red carpet can often be tricky, but there was no competition with this Dior Haute Couture gown.


IF I WERE A SUPERMODEL:
I would wear Miranda Kerr's insanely sexy dress. How anyone can be this beautiful is beyond me.


IF I WERE OVER 40:
I would give my left arm to wear a figure-hugging number like Jennifer Lopez. And rock it.


IF I WERE TRYING TO DRESS LIKE A GOLDEN GLOBE STATUE:
I would want the Michael Kors cut out dress worn by Emily Blunt. Its hard to pull of something that's so extravagant, but this is a winner for me.


IF I WANTED TO GO UNNOTICED, I WOULD:
Wear a bland, boring, blah colour that matches my complexion...
Cue Amanda Seyfried, Amy Adams, Megan Fox and Anne Hathaway. Fail.








BOTTOM 5:
Lena Dunham- Why? I disliked Girls, but disliked this dress on her even more! What was she thinking? Terrible cut, old lady colour and so dated for someone her age. Plus, she was clearly wearing shoes she felt uncomfortable walking in because it was painful seeing her make her way to the stage to collect her award. And not cute awkward, embarrassing awkward.


Sofia Vergara- Why? Because the woman has the perfect body, literally, and insists on sticking to the same dam dress every red carpet appearance. I never thought I'd see the day I was over a mermaid cut with a sweetheart neckline.


Lucy Lui- Why? Because it looked like something Maria made from Captain Von Trapp's curtains!


Sienna Miller- Why? This dress somehow makes Sienna's natural beauty disappear. The cut is boxy and the print is boring. Plus, her hair is boring and too slicked to her face. 


Jessica Chastain- Why? It's not so much the colour of this dress, in fact I quite like the turquoise against her red hair and pale skin, but the hair....OMG the hair. Terrible. Plus, this dress drapes in all the wrong places, making Jessica's cleavage look like that of a 90 year old.


ON A SIDE NOTE:
The Golden Globes can't be discussed without mentioning the genius comic relief on display at this year's awards. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler absolutely killed it, although I was craving more airtime from the funny ladies. They could have kept me entertained all night. Brilliant.


Speaking of brilliant, if there is one clip I recommend you see from this years GG, it has to be Kristen Wigg and Will Ferrell's introduction for the Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture.


What are your thoughts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment