January 4, 2013

Suri's Burn Book...

Let's be honest, everyone has guilty pleasures they're not proud of, but like an accident, sometimes it's hard to look away.

Last month, my girlfriend sent me the link to a blog called Suri's Burn Book- Suri, obviously being the celb spawn of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes.

The blog is written through the eyes of Little Miss Cruise, as she provides snarky yet witty social commentary about pregnant celebrities, their children, fashion, pop culture and her own parents. At times it can be borderline bullying, but the 'fictional' Suri created by author Allie Hagen is more like Gossip Girl's Blair Waldorf than a 6 year old girl.

From the author:
"Every once in a while on my personal Twitter account I'd make little jokes about what Shiloh Jolie-Pitt was wearing or what Suri was up to, and a friend suggested I start a Tumblr account with that kind of humor about celebrity families. I knew that if I wrote it from my own perspective, it would come across as unnecessarily mean, possibly creepy. So I tried to think of a different angle."
The blog has been so successful in fact, that Hagen published a book under the same title last year.

This little slice of the blogasphere is not something I schedule into my day, but its perfect for those moments when you're sitting in front of a blank computer screen...or whenever you need a bit of a laugh.

2 comments:

  1. this is BRILLIANT! i have just lost about 40mins of my work day reading this blog and randomly laughing out loud.. i've closed the browser now so that i can get some work done!! thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...that was me too Andie! It's so witty and cleaverly written, I love it!

    ReplyDelete