September 26, 2012

Travel In Style...

We've all been there. That moment when you find yourself staring at your closet wondering "what outfit should I wear on the plane tomorrow?"

What will the weather be like at the destination? Should I be wearing all my 'heavy items'? What's going to be comfortable enough to sit in for 20 hours? What material isn't going to crumple up and what pants aren't going to get too tight after I've sat and ate for hours? These are all questions I thought most people would consider, but apparently not.

On the countless number of flights I've been on, I am continuously amazed at some peoples lack of a) common sense and b) desire to look semi-respectable while traveling. When did leggings and an over sized tshirt become acceptable to wear on an international flight? I mean, you can be comfortable and still look good, but far too many times people stumble onto aeroplanes looking that they've just rolled out of bed or off the couch.

Now, I'm sure I may be coming across like a bit of a snob, but I just believe that you don't have to be rich to look respectable. Plus, you never know who you're going to bump into or what kind of situation you'll find yourself in because airports are such unpredictable places. You may be seated next to the love of your life, a potential business partner or even a celebrity. And, let's be realistic- the lady in the hot pink crushed velvet tracksuit is highly unlikely to get upgraded to business class.

I also believe that your airport outfit should be an extension of whats in your carry-on luggage. I've heard far too many stories about friends flights being delayed or cancelled and they're forced to camp out in the airport terminal with nothing but shorts, a singlet and a pair of flip-flops- no jacket, no clean underwear and no personal hygiene items what so ever. I'm all for stuffing your heaviest items into your hand luggage bag to avoid it being weighed at check-in, but there are just some necessities that I won't travel without.
I am, by self admission, one of those people who steps onto a plane and looks like she could go straight to a restaurant for dinner, but the truth is, everyone is on their way somewhere, so who's to say my destination isn't fabulous?

So, as I contemplate my next holiday destination, here are some noteworthy celebrity airport styles...

[ Rosie Huntington-Whiteley ]
 
[ Cameron Diaz ]

[ Chloe Sevigney ]

[ Emily Blunt ]

[ Kate Moss ]

[ Kim Kardashian ]

[ Lauren Conrad ]

And what can we learn from these starlets? You can go a long way in a pair of jeans, a comfy jacket, ballet flats and a scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment