November 1, 2012

Cavalli for Target...

Fancy a champagne lifestyle on a soda water budget?

Target Australia and Italian fashion designer Roberto Cavalli have collaborated on a ‘Designers for Target' collection, which hit selected stores yesterday.
“I’m excited to bring the joyful and positive spirit of my work to a new audience … When I set out to design this collection I had a wonderful party in mind with all women dressed glamorously and sensually,” said Cavalli.
It's a running joke amongst my friends and family, that Target is my favourite store. Honestly, they're probably not far from the truth, because some of my most loved and coveted wardrobe items have come from the women's section with what seems to be a standard 20% off. My main advice to anyone who first compliments me on what I'm wearing, and then a few seconds later screws up their nose when they find out it's from Target, is that you have to sift through the crap to find the diamonds. I'm not saying that everything Target stock is fashion-forward, but simply that there are fabulous items and in particular, good quality basics that are a fraction of the price you'd pay in a boutique. There is and probably always will be a part of me that outright refuses to pay over $50 for a plain tank top or pair of black leggings.

With my love of Target aside, there are only a few designer brands that have made it onto my "one day when I win the lotto, I'll splurge on..." list, and Cavalli is certainly one of them! As a mutual lover of all things animal print- particularly the leopard variety, I was excited and intrigued to see what the designer could come up with for a) a mass audience, b) the 'everyday woman' and c) prices that your average housewife or uni student could afford?

Having gone to Target and seen the designs first hand, in my opinion Cavalli has crafted a beautifully cohesive capsule collection, which is not just appropriate for the Australian Summer, but maintains the chic style you'd see on a socialite vacationing in Monaco.

The collection includes casual and formal women's ware, swim suits and shoes, with prices ranging from $49 – $129. Click the link to see the entire Look Book.

And of course, no Cavalli collection would be complete without one of the world's most beautiful women to showcase it. Enter Checz supermodel and Victoria's Secret Angel, Karolina Kurkova.







One of the things I loved most about the advertising of this campaign however, was that in addition to Kurkova's photo shoot, Target put the same clothes on a size 14-16 model to showcase the items on a different (and some may say 'average') body type. I give Target cudos for this initiative and I truly believe that it will be received positively by the women of Australia, just as it was for me.


And finally, having had my eye on a couple of the items, I ended up purchasing the black tuxedo blazer. I was in desperate need of a new one, so all my hopes were pinned on the Cavalli design being an immediate winner. And...I am happy to report that it was a success! I am obsessed with this piece. The quality is excellent, the material feels expensive and the clincher...it's lined with leopard print! Topped off with a detailed collar and gold signature waist button, this is my new go to jacket and one of my favourite wardrobe additions.


If you like the look of any pieces in the Cavalli for Target collection, I'd recommend you make your way down to your nearest store and grab a signature item or two. I have always regretted not getting my hands on any of the Stella McCartney for Target pieces, but I won't make that mistake again.

Now, all Target need to do is collaborate with Chanel and Christian Louboutin and I'll be one content girl!
Happy shopping!

[ Below is a behind the scenes clip from the Cavalli for Target campaign, featuring Karolina Kurkova ]


No comments:

Post a Comment