November 16, 2011

Pack Your Bags...

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

In life, we all have great years, good years, bad years and for many of us, the kind of years that resemble a set of Fisher-Price building blocks. Week by week, we slowly build ourselves up emotionally and financially until our goals and dreams are well within reach. It's at that point when we usually have our 'great years', but like all things in life, getting to that point takes time, planning and patience.

I can safely say however, that finally, after building my tower of blocks up higher and higher over the past year and a half, I'm ready to step back into the big, open world and experience some more overseas adventures.

Last weekend, one of my best friends and I bit the bullet and booked a highly anticipated overseas trip to the most beautiful parts of Egypt, Morocco, Portugal, Spain, Paris and everything in between. Those areas of North Africa and Mediterranean Europe are places that neither of us had previously ventured, so armed with our shinny new Lonely Planet books and a vague image of relaxing in the Sahara Desert (Sex and the City style, of course) the next few months of planning are sure to be full of excitement...and dwindling bank accounts.


After 10 weeks of travel when my friend and I part ways in Paris, I've decided it would be the right time to revisit a former love of my life...NYC. As written here, there are so many things that I didn't get a chance to do and see since spending time in the Big Apple during 2009/10, so I'm jumping at the opportunity to revisit during the warmer months, when the city will surely transform and take on a new vibe.

After booking our flights that day, my friend and I went out for lunch to celebrate the beginning of a new journey together. It's a good 6 months before we finally board that plane, but in all honesty, it's just nice to have a date to look forward to and when people ask, to be able to say "we're going here, here and here on..."

No comments:

Post a Comment