April 25, 2012

Album of the Month...

Last week while driving home from work, I sifted through an old pile of CD's in my car and came across Craig David's album Born To Do It.



Instantly, my eyes lit up as I put the CD on and turned up the volume. Luckily for me it was dark, because if anyone else driving saw me singing along to that album, they would have thought I was trying to impersonate one of Tina Turners backup singers...it couldn't have been a pretty sight! I was singing very loud, very out of tune and I was very 'in the groove', but I was also very surprised to realise I still knew about 95% of the lyrics.

I think this fact can be attributed to the countless years during my teenage life that the CD was blasted on repeat, but regardless, having not heard the album for at least a year before that night, I still couldn't believe how quickly it all came back.

What also came back was the memory of my total and utter crush for Craig David. I'm actually fairly confident a magazine clipping of him was stuck firmly to the cover of my year 9 school diary.

Reminiscing aside, that drive home reminded me just how good Born To Do It actually was and how much I still enjoyed singing along to the smooth RnB tracks of the British singer today. With hits such as 7 Days, Rendezvous and Walking Away, I'm sure I could play that album to all of my school friends and without a moment's hesitation, have us singing along and acting like we were 14 again.

And just as a side note, I can't talk about Craig David without mentioning my beautiful godsister, Nicole, who is perhaps the only other person I know still pressing play on her own copy of Born To Do It. She's a girl after my own heart!


BORN TO DO IT
1. Fill Me In
2. Can’t Be Messing ‘Round
3. Rendezvous
4. 7 Days
5. Follow Me
6. Key To My Heart
7. Fill Me In (Part 2)
8. Last Night
9. Walking Away
10. Time to Party
11. Booty Man
12. Once in a Lifetime
13. You Know What
14. Rewind



1 comment: