April 8, 2012

Moroccan Inspiration...

Today marks the 1 month countdown until my next big overseas adventure begins and as you can imagine, I'm just a little bit excited!

I'm going with two A-Class travel buddies, known to me as Alina and Nadia and the first three stops on our trip are Dubai, followed by Egypt and then Morocco. Having just come out of an Australian Summer, I feel as though I'm as well prepared for the harsh heat of North Africa and Southern Europe as I can be, but my wardrobe tells a very different story.

In Australia, when the weather gets hot, people tend to simply wear less clothing to compensate, but that couldn't be further from the reality in the countries we're visiting.

So, by taking a little inspiration from the second Sex and the City film (and yes, I concur, it was horrible), I've put together an inspiration board to get my girlfriends and I in the mood for Sahara chic dressing...and shopping. I'm thinking bright, bold colours, white cotton pants, big beautiful gold jewelry and of course, kaftans! I might however, leave my sequined turban at home (sorry Carrie, but that's a little too much!).


Egypt in particular, has been a country I've always dreamt of visiting and if my obsession with the pyramids and my childhood ambition to become a Egyptologist (it lasted until I realised they spend their days digging in dirt and sand) are anything to go by, I'm sure it's going to be an experience of a lifetime, no matter what I wear!
Moroccan Inspiration...


Caftan tunic
birdsnest.com.au

Matthew Williamson caftan tunic
$488 - theoutnet.com

Caftan tunic
€845 - luisaviaroma.com

Matthew Williamson print tunic
$1,015 - matthewwilliamson.com

Fresh Laundry linen pants
£95 - the-dressingroom.com

Mystique white sandals
€126 - pret-a-beaute.com

Givenchy leather handbag
£1,250 - liberty.co.uk

Collar necklace
$68 - macys.com

Yellow gold bangle
$40 - fantasyjewelrybox.com

Belle Noel by Kim Kardashian silver bangle
$89 - shopthetrendboutique.com

Irene Neuwirth teardrop earrings
$2,620 - ylang23.com

Linda Farrow aviator shades
£420 - boutique1.com

NOTRE MONDE Moroccan Tray
$460 - calypsostbarth.com

No comments:

Post a Comment