October 13, 2010

My Happy 10

Here are the 10 things that make me the happiest...

1. FAMILY
Without the love of my family, my life would be a constant shade of gray. I feel so lucky knowing that no matter what, they will be there for me through thick and thin.




2. INTERIOR DESIGN
I'm a firm believer that by surrounding yourself with beautiful things, the ordinary and sometimes boring daily tasks we perform can become that little bit more enjoyable. Our homes are a reflection of our personalities, just like our wardrobe. It is the one space that we can control and nurture so why not spend a little extra time and money making it the perfect place for you.



3. SEASONS
I love the Spring- it is probably my favourite of the four seasons largely due to the beautiful display of flowers which bloom at that time of year. However, since experiencing snow for the first time last year, I have fallen in love with the colder months too. Plus, winter fashion is my favourite. Give me a pair of jeans, black boots, blazer jacket and chic scarf any day!



4. MOVIES
Movies are one of my most enjoyable vices. I don't even want to think about how much I've spent on cinema tickets or rentals over the years, but films are my ultimate escape. For me, it's all about the mood I'm in and finding that perfect flick to compliment or contrast the way I'm feeling. They can transform your emotions or transport you to another place, and for those couple of hours, you find yourself living that story. A rainy day, a room full candles, a blanket, block of chocolate, (and preferably a man to snuggle up to- am I asking too much there?) and my Saturday night in is set!



5. CHOCOLATE
Vice number 1!!!
I don't care if it's on a biscuit, in a drink, as a decoration or just a simple square of Cadbury...chocolate is my daily treat.



6. TRAVELING
I was fortunate enough to pack my suitcase, grab my best friend and spend 2009 traveling Europe and the United States. It was without a doubt the best experience I have ever had and it has no doubt changed the way I view the world and my place in it. I'm a different person from the experiences I had and would like to think a little wiser and more in tune with myself. What I ended up realising at the end of my journey however, is that my trip wasn't defined by the places I saw or the things I did, but more so the people I met along the way. The strangers who I can now call my friends.


7. FLOWERS
Flowers to me are one of life and natures simple pleasures. I love waking up to a beautiful vase of peonies roses on my bedside table.



8. SCENTED CANDLES
While vanilla, musk or anything that's meant to smell like dessert makes me want to gag, a softly scented candle not only eliminates lingering smell from the curry you cooked for dinner, but it's also the fastest way to bring a little romance and mood lighting to your home. My favourites are gardenias, roses, fig or sandalwood.


9. PHOTOGRAPHY
I have always loved photography, but my interest was heightened when I began traveling. I went to so many beautiful places, that my old digital camera wasn't doing justice to the incredible landscapes and scenery before me. So, when I went to New York and realised the city was too amazing to waste on poor exposure, I indulged in a very big, very touristy-looking professional camera and I absolutely love it. The quality is exceptional and there are so many photographic options I'm still discovering them.



10. MY BOYFRIEND
It was completely unexpected and perhaps a little random, but it didn't take me long to realise I had met a very special guy who ticked all the boxes that actually mattered. He makes me happier than anyone else and for the first time in my life...I'm in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment