October 15, 2010

This takes the cake...

My sister's 21st birthday is coming up in December, and she's not really one to have a traditional cake with all the trimmings. She's contemplated an ice cream cake (yes, like the one's they give you when you have a party at Hungry Jacks) or the casual but very over-done cupcake tower. So, when browsing through a magazine this morning I came across this...


I think it fits my sisters criteria perfectly, and will be something new and fresh. Oreos look great, but you could really substitute it with anything...TimTams, Wagon Wheels, chocolate chip cookies...oh the possibilities :)

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand where Stace is coming from, remember the drama I had for wanting my cheesecake for my 21st? Mum was outraged that it wasnt a more traditional choice! An ice-cream cake would've been a close second I think!

    Whatever we will be tucking into i'm sure won't be as sweet as laughing and dancing the night away with you all!!xxxx

    ReplyDelete