February 8, 2011

Home Perfect...

Towards the end of last year, I found myself in somewhat of an "interior design groove". I simply couldn't get enough of unusual pieces of furniture, interesting colour schemes and unique finishes, especially when they were combined to create some of the most gorgeous homes and work spaces I'd ever seen. 

While searching for my daily dose of design inspiration, I came across a home which made me sit up in my chair and disect every square inch of the space because for the first time, I found myself struggling to find anything to criticise. It was simply a-mazing and I had just found the most perfectly designed house for me.

My love of this lounge room is what got me started. I have posted before about how much I like grey walls, dark flooring and white accent furnicture, and this room...well, it's all those things and more. I think the pair of antique French armchairs are gorgeous and the zebra print bench is a fun accent in an otherwise neutral room. High ceilings, white skirting and oh, did I mention that mirror? I think I'll move on...



Stunning floor to ceiling french doors maximise light.



If you're like me you'd be wondering where they're hiding the TV? Truth is, I have no idea, but I think a big plasma above the fire place would be the perfect spot.



This downstairs bathroom is a beautiful nook with a gorgeous antique basin and detailed mirror. 


The flooring in this townhouse is another feature that for me, truly sells the place.


An open-plan design means the kitchen, lounge and dining rooms all flow into one, creating an airy space which counteracts the darker shade on the walls and doesn't make it feel too closed in and pokey.



Kitchens sell houses, or at least thats the theory. While this one is by no means disappointing, I do like an island bench for that added bit of space, but in a room this size and shape, I'm not quite sure how it would work. 

This is quite a simple master bedroom and it's probably the room I like the least, but what I do love about it is how there are 2 defined areas- one for sleeping and a comfy corner to sit back with a coffee and read a book.



It fair that this bathroom is bigger than my bedroom. I love the idea of having a his and her's vanity and the mirror splashbacks are right up my alley too.



For a little girls room, this is very pretty. It's a completely different colour scheme and aesthetic to the rest of the house, which I think is important in helping to personalise and define a bedroom.


This home office is quite masculine, but interestingly despite the large pieces of furnicture, it doesn't look crowded.


And now for the piest of resistance. How amazing is this rooftop? It truly gives a new meaning to Jamie Durie's term 'The Outdoor Room'. For a space like this, artficial turf is definitely the way to go. It not only looks great and will stay green all year round, but it won't be affected by the weather and is as easy to clean as carpet. The whicker chairs are perfect for outside and the white seating is so chic.

...and the whole thing is encased behind this modest facade...

No comments:

Post a Comment