February 1, 2011

Welcoming 2011

Hi everyone,

So since my last post at the beginning of December, 2010 came and went and we all welcomed in the New Year with high hopes for a positive future full of happiness and success.

This period for me was quite the roller-coaster ride, with unexpected turns around every corner. After having Christmas in the US last year, it was nice to be back in Australia and enjoying the festive season under the hot Australian sun. When January 1st came around, I realised I had some tough decisions to make and that 2011 was going to be completely different to the plan I had previously mapped out in my head.

The past couple of years for me have been simply amazing. I spent most of 2009 traveling the world with my best friend, which took me through the best of what Europe had to offer and then across the pond to the United States, where a completely different adventure was waiting for us. Last year I conquered some personal challenges and grew-up a lot. I decided to see if I could live independently in a foreign city and London became that place. For 9 months I went on an incredibly important journey through life and faced all its trials and tribulations, but not before falling in love.

It's now 2011 and I'm back in my home town of Adelaide, Australia. It is a far cry from the adrenaline and excitement of discovering new parts of the world, but alas, it is my current reality and as the saying goes, when given lemons...grab the tequila! My conclusion about my situation is simple. Some years are just going to be better than others, but that doesn't mean you can't learn something, or a lot, from the ones in between. All good things take time and planning so I look towards this year as a building block needed in order to create more of those "great years I'll never forget".

Stay tuned, it's sure to be an interesting ride to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment