March 1, 2012

Album Of The Month...


As we welcome the first day of March (and depending on where you are in the world, either Autumn or Spring), I’ve decided that this Album of the Month belongs to Chris Brown's F.A.M.E.  


While I hesitated a little about promoting a domestic abuser (click here for the full story) I do believe that people can learn from their mistakes, grow as human beings and well, in the process clearly produce some dam good music.

However, I was surprised the other day when I heard the news that Rihanna had joined forces with Brown on his recent single titled Turn Up The Music and that he'd returned the favour by featuring in her new single Birthday Cake. Both song will surely be chart toppers, but I wonder what kind of message it promotes to young women and those in abusive relationships on forgiving their perpetrators?

Rihanna is 24, beautiful, a role model and most importantly, she’s in the public eye. I have to take my hat off to her though for initially taking a strong stance against Brown and in doing so, out casting him from the RnB world for the past 3 years (because no one should be able to do that to a person and maintain a successful international career). But combined with the Grammy'st decision to let him perform at music's night of nights earlier this year, could Rihanna's latest move erase the message she tried so desperately to promote?

Women every day try to escape the clutches of an abusive partner and to some, Rihanna’s public fight I’m sure was the strength they needed to turn their backs on their own abusers. As Uncle Ben so eloquently told Peter Parker (aka Spiderman), "with power comes great responsibility" and whether Rihanna likes it or not, people all around the world are criticising her on this latest move.

For me, it's not so much the collaboration that has me questioning the right and wrong of Rihanna's decision, but rather the line that Chris raps in the song which paints a questionable picture. "Girl, I wanna fuck you right now. Been a long time, I’ve been missing your body”. Hmmm...my thoughts exactly.

Personal lives aside, when I met Chris Brown on his recent Australian tour I can confirm to all the ladies in the world that he is unquestionably one good looking man! Tall, sculpted and with an impossibly cute smile, he not only looks good and sounds good, but he moves good too. So, based on those 3 qualities (superficial, I know), he has claimed my March Album of the Month spot...

FAME
1. Deuces (feat. Tyga & Kevin McCall)
2. Up 2 You
3. No Bull!!
4. Look At Me Now (feat. Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes)
5. She Ain't You
6. Say It With Me
7. Yeah 3x
8. Next 2 You (feat. Justin Bieber)
9. All Back
10. Wet The Bed (feat. Ludacris)
11. Oh My Love
12. Should've Kissed You
13. Beautiful People (feat. Benny Benassi)

Deluxe Edition:

14. b0mb (feat. Wiz Khalifa)
15. Love Them Girls (feat. Game)
16. Paper, Scissors, Rock (feat. Big Sean & Timbaland)
17. Beg For It

[ Click below to see Chris Brown's performance at the 2012 Grammy's ]

No comments:

Post a Comment