February 10, 2012

Airport Chic...

Today I opened my emails to discover that two of my closest friends and A+ travel buddies had sent me invitations to enter 2 separate competitions. In both cases, the major prizes were fabulous overseas holidays. After crossing my fingers as I entered the draws, I found my mind drift off on 'vacation' so I decided to do a little holiday travel homework and gather some airport chic fashion inspiration.

One of the things I love most about being on holidays is that you can escape your reality and become whoever you want to be, without fearing you'll bump into someone you know and suffer a serious case of embarrassment. I have a strong belief that just because you're travelling in economy, it doesn't give you permission to dress in your pajamas (or similar attire), purely for the sake of comfort. There are so many clothes out there which are just as comfortable, yet much more appealing to the eye and guaranteed to have you feeling confident and 'fresh' while making your way through airport terminals after a 20 hour flight.
On my upcoming trip I'll be travelling throughout Spring/Summer and despite my preference to be wrapped up in a beautiful coat and scarf, I'll need to start channelling looks which are a little more 'California sunshine' and 'Sahara Desert' friendly.

Regardless of the weather, here's my take on airport attire I'd feel fabulous wearing anytime of the year...
Airport Chic
Michael Stars v neck shirt
$80 - stylebop.com

Jaeger
£230 - johnlewis.com

Helmut Lang tapered pants
$550 - my-wardrobe.com

Franco Sarto low heels
$71 - macys.com

Lanvin bag
$3,475 - net-a-porter.com

Michael Kors face watch
£200 - harveynichols.com

House of Harlow 1960 vintage jewelry
$50 - charmandchain.com

Gucci rectangle sunglasses
£125 - flannelsfashion.com

Dorothy Perkins buckle belt
$11 - dorothyperkins.com

Rimmel London Kate Lipstick
$9.83 - asos.com

€5,50 - colette.fr

...and for a little more inspiration,
here's how the celebrities do it...

[ Images via WhoWhatWear ]
 





No comments:

Post a Comment