October 5, 2012

Art Attack: Gretchen Kelly Studio

While browsing one of my favourite blogs, Elements of Style, I came across some art work that got me particularly excited- even for a Friday!

Not only are these pieces gorgeous, but they're also available in a series of colours that will suit most homes and design aesthetics, or they could be the perfect statement piece.

Enter Gretchen Kelly Studio. Available on Etsy for $50-$60, these original works of art are simple- in all the best ways.

Here's what the artist has to say …”These original sketches are from 1 minute poses, which are the warm-up exercise for longer poses. In a series of 10 poses, usually done at the beginning of a 3 hour session with a model, I quickly sketch + paint in multi-media of watercolor, pastel, gouache + graphite. I like to paint the female figure in quick poses to capture the gesture and the feeling of the beauty that I see. I use swift colorful strokes and finish off with defining marks in graphite.”
Now my only question is..."what colour do I buy?""



No comments:

Post a Comment