October 29, 2012

Out With The Old, In With The New...

Last month I decided it was time to overhaul my bedroom and introduce it to the sleek lines and space-saving ideas of Ikea furnishings. This line of furniture has not only made my room look and feel instantly bigger, but I have at least doubled my storage space. What I find hard to believe though, is that despite how much more room I've acquired, I still struggled to fit everything in!!! Yes, first world problems.

While I was moving things out of my room to make way for my new additions, I was shocked by the number of accessories I had somehow consumed over the years. Going through various boxes and draws, I found myself constantly adding necklaces to a never-ending pile, which by the end of the day, looked something like this...


But now, thanks to Ikea and some handy 3M Innovation clear hooks, I've managed to hang my 'go to' necklaces on the side of a bookshelf and place the rest in some ingenious flat pack draw dividers. Everything has it's place, is easy to find, and most importantly, nothing is getting tangled anymore!
[ Dividers available from Ikea in black and white- $9.99 each ]

[ Also available from Ikea in black, white and lilac- $9.99 for a pack of 6 ]
I must admit, jewelry (especially if you have a lot of it) can be a hard thing to keep tidy and if you're like me and wear big, heavy statement pieces, it doesn't take long before things start to get out of control. So, in a bid to gain a little more inspiration on the matter, I've compiled a collection of pretty storage ideas to suit those who like their pieces on display and others that would rather have them hidden...
 
[ A cupcake stand is the perfect solution if you're looking to display your pieces ]

[ I've wanted one of these old dress forms for ages, and as soon as I've got the space, I'm making the purchase ]
 
[ You can buy these free standing jewelry chests from numerous online stores. If you've got the space to add another piece of furniture in your room, then these specifically designed draws are perfect and very pretty items ]

[ This closet belongs to Khloe Kardashian and the centre island contains all her jewelry and accessories. In a world where I could design my own extravagant closet, I'd probably choose this option so that everything was tucked away and out of sight ]

[ An ornate bowl on your dresser ]
[ Recycling old clear vases to hold bangles ]

[ And finally, I've already mentioned how much I love these clear makeup boxes (available from the Makeup Box Shop). I've also found myself using one to store jewelry, as it's perfect for rings, earrings and bracelets and allows you to see everything you've got without having to trawl through boxes or draws ]
 While I'm on the subject of jewelry, I have to share my favourite accessories store- Lovisa. In my opion, statement necklaces are the quickest, easiest and cheapest way to dress up an outfit. Lovisa's stuff is on trend, good quality and very reasonably priced. And now, not only can you now order online, but they also offer international shiopping!

Do you have any other jewelry storage ideas? If so, I'd love to know. Tell me more by commenting below...

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks for sharing kind information .It's gorggggeous!!!Contact us:1-877-817-0303 Standing Jewelry Chests!

    ReplyDelete