October 8, 2012

Paperback Prettiness...

When I was at primary school, my favourite time of the year was the very first day. For some kids, it was the excitement of being in a new class, having a new teacher or finally being able to sit next to your best friend every day during maths. But for me, I loved the first day of school because it meant new stationary! Fresh, clean, crisp and unused stationary. I used to get excited walking into my new classroom and opening up my draw to find an empty notebook, a pristine set of coloured pencils and an unmarked wooden ruler. When I was young, it was the simple things.

I'd like to say that my love (or slight obsession) with stationary has faded over the years, but I am still looking forward to the day when I become a homeowner and can finally order a set of personalised stationary with my very own monogram...a woman can dream, right?

Truth be told, I am an organisation freak and relish at the task of reorganising (or as I like to call it 'remerchandising') a disaster closet, alphabetising a collection of just about anything and making clutter disappear into matching display boxes. I get excited anytime someone suggests going to Ikea (their storage solutions department is ingenious) and Officeworks will surely make me broke one day.

So, for those of you out there who love a good notebook as much as I do, I have a very exciting discovery to share with you. Cue: May Books. Now, I absolutely love my iPhone, but I will always be one of those people who keeps a paperback diary to jot down notes, insert appointments and to keep a grasp on a busy week. Truth be told, without my diary, my life would be a shambles. So when I came across these personalised notebooks, I just about peed my pants with excitement. I'm thinking Christmas presents for my nearest and dearest, I'm thinking project organisation at it's finest, I'm thinking "here's a solution for my 2013 diary" dilemma.

The creation process is as simple as a 3 step online ordering system and there's more than enough choices to personalise 100 notebooks for 100 different individuals. With each book priced between $17-$20, they're not only feasible (have you seen the price a ruled notebook runs for at the newsagent these days!) but they're the perfect idea for those tricky Kris Kringle gifts or for the person who seems to have everything!

And finally, if the prettiness of these notebooks hasn't convinced you yet, they're also eco-friendly. Resiliant, durable and water-resistant canvas covers encase recycled paper, which has been bound by an old fashioned sewing machine, meaning no ripped pages or covers pulling away from the spine.

It all sounds good to me...


No comments:

Post a Comment