November 4, 2010

Closets To Die For...



Just like Carrie, this was the expression on every woman's face (including my own) when the closet doors opened in the Sex and the City movie, closely followed by a rather loud "ohhh". It's no secret that females love to shop, and although most of us are stuck with an in-built wardrobe or a boring chest of draws, we all love to dream.

The few women I know who have replaced their pint-sized wardrobes for a walk in closet or dressing room- (albeit on a smaller scale than the pictures featured) are notably either single, divorced or have no children. It is, unless you live in a house with excess rooms or have designed and built your own place from scratch, a romantic luxury that most of us will probably never have, but endlessly dream we did.

So, let us sit back and admire this stunning collection of closets and with a little bit of envy, wish we were the women of the world who can actually call these rooms their own.


[The chic, polished and heavenly closet from Sex and the City]
What more can I say? It made it into the movie for a reason.


[ His and Hers Closet]
Although this wouldn't be the way I'd design my dream closet, I do like the idea of having a masculine and feminine side to the room. The contrast between the dark timber and the light woodwork somehow blend beautifully and don't clash or look awkward to the eye. This concept allows the cabinetry to be designed to suit a males wardrobe for things like ties and suits and women's accessories such as jewelry, handbags, scarves and long dresses.

[Fairy Tales Do Come True]
 The rest of this closet is left to the imagination and in my mind...I'm loving it!


[Ikea Closet]
 The thing I find about Ikea furnishings and interiors, is if you're not careful you can leave the store with a loot that ends up looking like you've done exactly that- shopped all day at Ikea. I think Ikea looks best when you grab a few bits and pieces to add to your current room and mix with existing decor. I have the black boxes on the top shelf in this picture and placed mine in exactly the same place in my own wardrobe. They are perfect for hiding junk that you don't have the heart to throw away but don't want to display either. They're clean, streamlined and fit perfectly in those sometimes awkward spaces that are hard to get to.


[Bathroom Closet]
This built in closet makes great use of awkward and often unused space, maximising the high ceilings of this room. While I'm not sure about storing my clothes in the bathroom, a girl can never have enough space to store her shoes and those big, overnight bags that you don't use everyday but are too pretty to hide away.

No comments:

Post a Comment