November 5, 2010

This Weeks Must Have...


Maybelline's Colossal Volum' Express Mascara.

Mascara is my one vanity. I feel naked leaving the house without a lick on my lashes and since discovering a new favourite, I thought I'd make it this weeks must have so you can all have gorgeous, luscious lashes too...


 I have always been a fan of Maybelline's mascaras and used their Volume Express Turbo Boost for about 6 years prior to this new discovery. They're cheap, good value for money and they get results!

I've found the 2 mascaras to be quite similar in texture and application (I'm a fan of big fluffy bristles) but what won me over with the Colossal was the ease in which it comes off. I'm the kind of girl who'd prefer to jump in the shower and wash my makeup off in one go, rather than standing at the basin and doing it separately. Unlike other mascaras I've tried, the Colossal comes off with warm water and a gentle rub with your fingertips- perfect!

My top tips for the perfect lashes...
- Two coats are always better than one
- If your lashes have no natural curl- invest in an eyelash curler
- Experiment with different application methods eg. straight up and down, starting from the base of your lashes or sweeping them out to the side to enhance a cat-eyed or Cleopatra look.
- Black eyeliner is mascaras best friend
- If you need all the help you can get when it comes to curling your lashes, sit half the brush inside the tube and gently bend the tip to create a curve. It'll maximise coverage and save you stacks of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment