November 2, 2010

Life Through The Eyes Of A Single Man












It was a rainy evening in London and I was with my girlfriend Gita dining at a newly opened bar close to our office. We were happily enjoying our meal when the waiter struck up a conversation with us in between filling our glasses with water and taking our dessert order.

He was charming, funny and exuded confidence, but not in an arrogant way that made us want to ask for the check and leave. Gita and I were both in relationships so we weren't after anything more than an interesting conversation and to our surprise we ended up being completely intrigued. After chatting for a while, he headed off to place our order in the kitchen and later returned with 2 business cards. While initially thinking this guy was pushing his luck by offering his number to both of us at the same time, we looked down to discover the cards simply provided the information to his blog- Life Through The Eyes Of A Single Man. He explained the concept of his blog- essentially considered himself somewhat of a male version of Carrie Bradshaw. He shared some of his stories about London's vicious dating scene with complete honesty and witty humour and simply left us on the edge our seats and wanting to hear more.

The next day I decided to search his blog, and immediately found myself struggling to tear my eyes away from the computer screen. I was meant to be doing work however, so I printed off his posts and figured they'd make some interesting reading for the long bus ride home. And an interesting read it was.

Here is the link and description to his blog. If you're looking for a humorous read about the brutal world of dating, then give this a go...

http://singlesrelations.blogspot.com/


"These blogs are the true experiences of my single life, dating, relationships and “love”. I have been single for a few years now and have come across some interesting people and situations. Instead of looking back on my failings I have decided to put a funny spin on them and write about them for your entertainment. The dating game is a vicious cycle with lots of issues and obstacles. These stories I believe will relate to your own experiences, well hopefully they will."

No comments:

Post a Comment