November 9, 2010

A Flower A Day Keeps The Blues Away...


I work for the most talented, personal and chic florist in Adelaide and on the weekend we assembled the flowers for a huge local wedding. The preparation is always grueling but seeing it all put together on the day makes the hard work and long hours worth it.

Weddings always get me thinking about what selection and style I'd choose for my own, and with the thoughts of the fabulous group of women I work with floating around the shop, it's clear that every one's perfect bouquet is completely different.

There are so many things I love about working with flowers and I didn't realise how happy they made me until I headed off traveling and found myself missing my daily fix of colours, scents and creativity. When it comes to flowers, the possibilities are endless and there is no such thing as an arrangement or bouquet to suit everyone.

So, to all the men out there I say this- Take Note: every woman has a favourite flower or a style they love. Find out what it is and next Valentine's Day, ditch the dozen red roses (which are so cliche and a rather safe option) and opt for something that truly says "I know you. I love you".

Also, no girl hates a surprise bunch of flowers at work, or a bouquet brought home after a long day. And if she says otherwise...she's lying!

Here are my picks for flowers for all occasions and places in the home...

[Sexy flower: Violet Cala Lilies]

[Centerpiece Flower: Green Hydrangea]


[Bedside Table Flower: White Hyacinths]


[Wedding Bouquet Flower: White Gardenias (minus the bling)]


[Pretty Flower: Pink Penoies]

[Long-lasting Flower: Phalaenopsis]


Whether you like classical, simplistic, colour or neutrals, the girls at Adelaide Flower House can put together a combination perfect for any person or occasion. You can find them at:

43 Unley Road
Parkside SA 5063
(08) 8373 4800
http://www.adelaideflowerhouse.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment